Translate

Saturday 16 February 2013

Clothes/makeup for children?

Okay so I'm updating my versions of Windy City and Sweet Scar for children as I found the files for them. So I was wondering if anyone knows of any /good/ (as in, non photoskinned crap) clothing for children? I have a couple of dresses and shoes I found, but more is always good.

How about makeup? Now before you go all "OMG YOU SUPPORT THE DEGRADATION OF YOUNG GIRLS AND SEXUALIZATION AND ADVANTAGE TAKING OF THEM!!!!!!"

SIMS CHILDREN ARE UGLY AS ALL HELL. DO NOT DENY IT. Now before you say...WHAT IS WRONG WITH BEING UGLY YOU HATEFUL HAG BODY/FACE SHAMER THERE ARE WOMEN EVERYWHERE WHO ARE COMMITTING SUICIDE BECAUSE THEY ARE CALLED UGLY!!!!

There is a difference between being "not very pleasing to the eye" and "WTF IS THAT ANATOMICALLY POSSIBLE/Cone/alien head/creepy doll face/axe murderer in training". I don't know about you, but when I was a kid my eyes weren't the size of my forehead nor was my nose taking up 90% of my face. (I also hit puberty when I was 10 and had boobs by then and was shaving my legs by 11 and wearing high heels and that was all of my own doing. IT WAS NOT DUE TO PRESSURE. In fact, as a little girl I used to run around in baby pink heels because I loved the clicky sound. Still do.)

























Aaron and Lenore's kid--this is the "after" when I had to go into CAS and edit the shit out of her face. Now she still looks like she's thinking "I'll murder you in your sleep for lord Satan" but at least she's not...well. AS UGLY. Also ignore the creepy old dude behind her--I have no idea who he is and why he is on my property. <<<:

Edit: So far I'll be updating Windy City, Sweet Scar and Vera. Any other hairs that have children versions you guys would like? 

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's best to leave ugly child-sims alone. Their features move around once they hit their teens. I usually get the kids with their TONGUES or TEETH going through their faces that grow up looking smoking-hot in the Teens and YAs.

    To be safe, I usually Edit-in-CAS the toddlers and grow them just to see what they're gonna look like. If it's disastrous, then I tweak it. If not-- I leave them be.

    I don't know about clothes. Some of the stuff for kids doesn't look bad at all--- but most of it is usually photoskinned.

    I would suggest digging around for Helaene's old Sims 3 files. Lilisims stuff. Mod the Sims will also have some decent stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaw I checked Lilisims but not Helaene's. Also yeah that's what I was worried about--the aging up process as I had in the past had that happen with uh...dreadful results. <<<:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit unless they are seriously weird or ugly I leave them as is except for Bella Bachelor. (I mean she is supposed to be the most beautiful woman in town not some prototype EA alien) I love watching the parents' genetics come together, so I take what I get (except for the odd elephant nose) . You have to remember this is a game there is a limit to what EA can program the game to do. There is going to have to be unity in the game or there will be more chaos than what there is in this game. As it is the body proportions of the sims look a bit weird to me.

    If you want to learn more about beauty from art point of view, you should try Andrew Loomis books he explains how the human body grows up.
    http://www.alexhays.com/loomis/

    Here is a link for a dress by Anubis they also have one up at modthesims I also second modthesims for finding good maxi match stuff.
    http://anubis360.blogspot.com/2010/08/tulip-spring-dress-for-children.html
    They have some kids stuff but my Internet is to slow to try and find them for you
    http://nygirlsims3.blogspot.com/
    These guys are probably boarder line photoskinned but some stuff look nice, just be careful you don't land up in their S2 section while surfing
    http://www.all-about-style.com/categories.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anubis makes some very nice dresses and clothes... I just wish they were for children/toddlers as well as they seem like they would be better suited rather than for young adults.

    I like some of nygirl's stuff as well as Judie's. Also I found some cute dresses at http://simsinspring.blogspot.ca/





    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm fairly new to all of this so I can't recommend any places to locate kids clothes; however I suspect the creepy old man is an early follower of Satan's Princess up there ;-) I'm enjoying looking through your site, you do great work! Love the commentary, too

    ReplyDelete
  6. :D I tend to talk to myself a lot and I figured other people would find it amusing to look at so I left it up. <:

    ReplyDelete